So you want us to price match?
As much as we would love to match every product at every other retailer there are a few things that need to be checked first.
When price matching a competitor, there are several factors taken into consideration by the PLE team.
These are as follows:
- We will only match pricing with a competitor that has stock on hand.
- The item we are matching must be the exact same manufacturer and model number.
- Is the competitor in another state or an online shop i.e. will the item have to get shipped to you? If so then freight must be included in the costings.
- Does the competitor charge a surcharge for the payment method you wish to use? If so then this should also be included in the total costings of the item.
- Our staff must be able to confirm at the time of sale that all above criteria have been met.
- Price matching cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer from PLE or the competitor you are matching.
- Where PLE would incur a loss on the transaction, delays may be encountered while waiting price-match approval. This approval process will be conducted during weekday business operating hours.
If it is requested to price match an internationally operating competitor, we will need to be sure the product is Australian stock and not “grey imported”. Parallel imports (also called grey or direct imports) are products that you buy from a seller who does not have specific permission from the manufacturer to sell those products in the Australian marketplace.
*Price matching isn't guaranteed, the final approval on a price match is at PLE's discretion.